I found a recipe for these delicious looking raspberry chocolate granola-ish bars and realizing I had everything I needed, I decided to give them a try. Of course, I made mine gluten free, dairy free, and with strawberry jam instead of raspberry just because I still had a couple jars of strawberry from the last batch of jam I'd made.
|My lovely assistant|
3/4 C flour (I used a GF blend)1/2 C brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 C butter, softened (I used dairy & soy free earth balance)
3/4 C quick-cooking oats
1/4 C coconut
2 1/2 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares coarsely chopped (I just used some dairy free chocolate chips)
1 (6 ounce) jar of raspberry jam (I used homemade strawberry jam)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line baking dish with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray
2. Mix flour, brown sugar, baking powder in a large bowl
3. Cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs
4. Add oats and coconut
5. Press half the crumb mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan.
6. Sprinkle with chopped chocolate (remember, I used chocolate chips)
7. Spoon jam over top; Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture
8. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until lightly browned
9. Lift from the pan using the foil; cool completely on a wire rack
10. Cut into bars and eat**
**Little Bird had one bite. We devoured the rest. Already time to make more. This time I'm going to use the blackberry jam I made last week!