Today is World Autism Awareness Day!
Did you know....
- 1 in 88 children is diagnosed with autism
- 1 in 54 boys is on the autism spectrum
- More children will be diagnosed with autism this year than with AIDS, diabetes and cancer combined
- Autism is the fastest-growing serious developmental disability in the U.S.
- Autism costs the nation over $90 billion per year, a figure expected to double in the next decade
- Autism receives less than 5% of the research funding of many less prevalent childhood diseases
- There is no medical detection or cure for autism
Just like I did it in 2010 and 2011, I invite you ALL to show me your blue by sending me pictures of you wearing BLUE today to show support and bring awareness to Autism! You can email them to me at
TheRealDaniG (at) gmail (dot) com
and I'll be adding pics to this blog post all day long!!
|Little Bird's Grandma|
|Little Bird's Uncle Matt's blue light|
|Debbie and Sophia|
|Lisa, Shay, and Brooke's house|
|Christian and Danielle|
|Blue Jean Baby Samantha|
Rachel, Abigail, and Hannah
|Jen with little R and baby J|
|Chris and Sarah|
|Darla and Rory|
|Michelle, Ollie, and Finley|
|Brogan and Partners|
|Blue Lights at Pam and Rick's|
|Sarah, Logan, and Brandon|