"I know more than I knew before
I didn't rest, I didn't stop"
I know I kinda left everyone hanging with the whole trip to New York, but I've been a little bit busy and overwhelmed since we got back. So, here's the deal...
The first thing Dr Bock asked us was why we were there and how he could fit in to our journey. I was very clear about our mission: we're looking to help Little Bird reach her utmost potential. Because she has been developmentally delayed since the start and wasn't a kid who regressed or was vaccine injured, I'm not trying to restore anything or to heal anything per se. Instead, we want to make sure she's getting everything her system needs to function properly. After looking over all of the bird's test results, including the metabolic markers, he came up with a
|This isn't even everything!!!!|
Everything needs to be kinda scientific, so I will introduce them one at a time. Then, after three days with no reaction (I hope), I'll add the next supplement. This is all to be done in a very particular order.
Here's the chart I made to keep track of what I give her every day and in what order.
Pretty intense, right? Not gonna lie, I cried for a couple hours after creating this chart.
This week I collected poop samples three days in a row. It's hard to decide what's crazier: the fact that a spoiled jewish girl from the valley is totally okay mixing poop in different solutions in her kitchen and then sending it via fedex to a lab, or the fact that Little Bird pooped three days in a row. A few days ago, LB and I both woke up early, so I decided to grab her and head over to the hospital to draw the blood that Dr. Bock ordered. I had no idea it was gonna be 12 freaking vials full of blood. Gregory said she looked really pale when we got back home. Poor bird. I also had the lab spin a vial to separate the plasma and the serum so I could bring the vial of serum back home to be frozen and sent off to another lab. Never a dull moment.
Because I'm realistic, I think that the bird will probably react negatively to some of these supplements or have a die-off like effect, so I'm choosing to wait until we return from our trip out to California. I'll wait until we are back home, in our typical routine, in her safety zone. I'm not much looking forward to this. I know it will take a long time to get used to all of these new supplements; it will be frustrating to see negative reactions and/or no reactions. I am trying to remain hopeful and optimistic. I do know that Dr. Bock will help us and that Little Bird really will thrive, it's just gonna take a whole lot more work on my part to get her there.