Did you know...
- 1 in 100 children is diagnosed with autism
- 1 in 70 boys is on the autism spectrum
- More children will be diagnosed with autism this year than with AIDS, diabetes and cancer combined
- Autism is the fastest-growing serious developmental disability in the U.S.
- Autism costs the nation over $90 billion per year, a figure expected to double in the next decade
- Autism receives less than 5% of the research funding of many less prevalent childhood diseases
- There is no medical detection or cure for autism
Today is Autism Awareness Day
People around the world are showing their support by wearing BLUE
All day I'm going to keep updating this post with pictures of friends, loved ones, and even some strangers who are sending me their pics, showing their support for families, like mine, who are affected by Autism. Keep coming back to check out the pictures!! Send your pics to DGGOTB@gmail.com